Trauma - Demographics
For questions about this data, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 242-3562
Data SourceTexas EMS Registry
The purpose of the Texas EMS & Trauma Registries is to monitor and analyze the EMS and trauma care systems. Information is used to perform epidemiological investigations to identify public health issues and support injury prevention projects to ultimately improve the efficiency and quality of care patients receive in the State of Texas.
The EMS & Trauma Registry data are based on passive surveillance of traumatic injury data submitted by Texas hospitals. Hospitals are required to report trauma that is defined as:
- Patient has sustained at least one injury between ICD-9-CM diagnostic codes 800.0 and 959.9, excluding 905-909, 910-924, and 930-939, AND
- Patient was admitted for greater than 48 hours, OR
- Patient was seen, received stabilization care, and then transferred to a higher-level acute care hospital (ACH), OR
- Patient died after receiving any evaluation or treatment or was dead on arrival
- Patient has sustained a traumatic brain injury (TBI) or spinal cord injury (SCI)
For more information on Texas EMS & Trauma Registry data, visit the Injury Epidemiology & Surveillance Branch website or call (800) 242-3562.